Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sept. 21 - Sept. 25: Lazy, Lazy, Lazy!

There's nothing better in this world than having a 3-day work week. Unfortunately, the three days seemed to drag by...it now feels like ages since I was in Seoraksan! Of course, I was feeling quite refreshed from my camping and climbing weekend, so I managed to make it to Friday without too much coffee.

Thursday night was a leaving-due party for one of my friends in Sanbon. It was sad to have to say goodbye, but it actually was exciting to think that I will be the next one to go! I cannot wait! These next five weeks will be here in a flash!

Friday night I went out with some of my soccer pals. I am really finding myself trying to make an effort to put an end to my anti-social ways here in Korea. Ever since I started climbing, I have devoted most weeknights to the climbing gym and weekends to traveling. Now that I only have a few weeks left, I am trying to spend time with some of my old friends that I have frankly set aside along the way.

Saturday I went with Erin down to the Icheon Ceramics Village. Ceramics and whatnot are definitely not my thing, but the pictures in my head of a quaint little village and exotic pottery in the middle of Korea sparked my interest. However, upon arriving (and after numerous transportation mishaps and headaches), we found that the famous village consisted of just a few small shops and straight-from-the-factory, mass-produced bowls and plates. I was miserably bored, but made it up to myself later with a visit to the Baskin-Robbins.

I did not get home last night until 10:00 pm, but I was in the mood for some fun. I went to a "70s Party" in Pyeongchon (and it absolutely killed me that since I had no time to throw together a costume, I did not get to dress up), giving me the chance to see many people I have not seen in ages. We later headed to Itaewon, finding ourselves at the end of the night dancing (and sliding) on the slippery dance floor at the infamously grubby Polly's Kettle. I finally made it back home and into bed as the sun was rising.

Today I did nothing. I had great plans to do some Seoul sightseeing, but instead I sat around in my pajamas all day, eyes fixated to my computer screen. Hey, at least it gave me a fine chance to catch up on all my blogs!