Saturday, November 13, 2004

Nov. 8 - Nov. 12: Week 2

Well, I did it! I survived my second week in Korea! This week was definitely much less stressful than Week 1. Let's see...I finally figured out how to put together lesson plans in less than 3 hours without completely stressing out about it. I've had a few decent restaurant meals, so I'm now confident that I'm going to be able to handle Korean food for the next year. And, I think I'm finally getting over the time difference, as it was quite difficult trying to drag myself out of bed every morning!

On Thursday morning we took the little kiddies to a play in a neighboring town. The theatre was a tiny, smoky, stuffy room filled to the brim with children under the age of 7 and their frazzled teachers. The play was based on a Korean folk legend of a goddess who comes down from the heavens and takes a bath in a river every day. A man sees her, falls in love with her, and steals her clothes...unfortunately for her, she cannot go back up to the heavens without her special clothes. So she marries the man, they have a child, then she finds her clothing and goes back to the heavens, taking their baby with her. I thought it a horrible story, especially for the entertainment of little kids...and risque, to boot. But what do I know?

Friday we took pictures at our school for the "Swaton Newsletter." Our school was the highlighted school of the month, so they chose me to pose with some of the children...and they made me wear a Santa hat. I was not thrilled at all. Maybe I'll be able to post one of the pictures when the newsletter comes out, so that you can all get a laugh.



My Walk to Work.Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home