Friday, September 30, 2005

Sept. 26 - Sept. 30: Countdown

Assssaaaaahhhh! This week I officially began the final countdown until I leave Korea...one month to go! I am so excited, but now can feel the heat on me a bit to get out and do some sightseeing and kick my social life back into high gear!

Wednesday night was the kick-off for the countdown. I had dinner with Kelly to celebrate her birthday, commemmorate our eleven month mark, and catch up on some lost time. Thursday night I had wine night with my good friend Jessica. And now Erin and I are planning for a fantastic three-day weekend of beach and sightseeing five hours south in Busan, Korea's second largest city.

Also, I am extremely excited that I am now the proud owner of my very own rope, quick draws, slings, webbing, yada-yada-yada...basically a nice rack of climbing equipment so that I no longer have to mooch off people. Of course, I am leaving in a month, but I could not pass up the deal. My climbing buddy has decided to do a "midnight run" from his job because he scored a teaching position in Spain, so he offered me all this fairly new equipment for the sweet price of $200.

Unfortunately, there will not be a chance to play with my new climbing gear on this weekend's trip to Busan. For about a week I have had a major, sharp pain through my chest...so bad I thought my poor little boob was going to fall off. Thanks to the internet, I have self-diagnosed myself with "Costochondritis." It is a fancy name for a pulled chest muscle, and frankly, I like saying I have it. However, I am starting to lose faith in my diagnosis, as the pain gets worse and worse each day, to the point that I have difficulty breathing, regardless of the fact that I have taken a break from any upper-body exercise.

Oh well...the weekend should be a fun time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home