Friday, April 15, 2005

Apr. 11 - Apr. 15: Lightbulbs

This week was EXTREMELY uneventful. Each day was exactly like the one before it, and Friday arrived rather quickly. Of course, the weather is getting much warmer with every passing hour. A few times this week I did take advantage of spring's arrival by lying on the roof of my building, shirt and pants rolled up, in order to soak up a bit of the afternoon sun during my breaks. The few Koreans that made their way to the roof during those times probably thought I was one crazy white girl, but I was happily welcoming some color onto my pasty body.


The cherry blossoms are now in full bloom. Posted by Hello

This week also saw a few changes in my future plans. Since February, I had decided to stay in Korea through next February's graduation, upon which I would make my way through Southeast Asia and Europe for some serious backpacking before finally settling back down in the States by Labor Day 2006. However, this past week a few lightbulbs went off in my head. I realized that there is really no reason for me to rush back home. I still have no clue what I want to do "when I grow up," not to mention where I want to go, or even if I am ready to settle down just yet.

So now I am thinking that I might actually sign up for another contract. Who can believe it? It's not as if I am just so crazy about Korea that I cannot bear the thought of leaving, but I do think of the great times I have not only been having, but will continue to have, not to mention all the money I will have saved after being here for two years. If I do decide to stay another year, I will probably try to get a contract with new school in a different area. I do love living in Pyeongchon, but I would like to have another experience, preferably closer into Seoul.

Of course, my ideas and plans change on a weekly basis. We shall see how I am feeling come the end of my contract in November!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home