Sunday, March 13, 2005

No Snowboarding For Me

After my day on Thursday, I was looking forward to the opportunity of getting away for a weekend of snowboarding in Yong Pyong with Kelly and our friend Steve. I met up with Kelly Friday night in Itaewon, sticking my bags in a subway locker for the hour we planned to spend at Gecko's. However, upon heading back to the subway to retrieve my bags, I was faced with a locked gate! The subways would not open again until 5:45 AM, so I was straight out of luck, considering we had to board our bus across town at 6:00 AM.

Kelly and I went to Steve's anyway to spend the night, and he packed extra clothing for me to wear. However, as we were boarding the bus, I decided I was going to have to bail. I just couldn't bear the thought of spending the weekend in boy's underwear and shoes. So I said goodbye to Kelly and Steve and headed back to Itaewon to retrieve my bags, not getting home until 7:30 AM. I was exhausted, to say the least, and quite disappointed!

Saturday night I met my friend Amanda and we had dinner at a little Korean restaurant at nearby Beomgye Station. We then met up with Ryan and his visiting friend and together headed into Hongdae. We had a great time dancing with some Koreans at a Ska Bar, but the night turned sour when Amanda and I got separated. I ended up taking a cab by myself back to Pyeongchon at 5:00 AM. The cab ride lasted an hour and cost 16,000 Won, but when I gave the cabbie 20,000 Won, he refused to give me my change. Ah, well, Cest La Vie.

Today was spent lounging around the apartment, doing my best to stay hydrated since my smoke inhalation medicine gives me major dry mouth. Tonight Amanda and I are meeting up again for dinner and to rehash the weekend. I am so exhausted, and I wish I had just one more day of weekend before I have to work again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home