Sunday, March 06, 2005

Feb. 28 - Mar. 4: Independence Day

As I was hoping and expecting, this week was nice and short. Because the kindergartners had just graduated, I didn't have to go into work until 1:00 pm Monday afternoon. I woke up in time to watch the beginning of the Oscars, with Korean commentary, of course. We also had a meeting with our boss, where we confronted a few scheduling issues he was trying to pull over us.

Since Tuesday was a national holiday, I decided to take advantage of the day off from work by meeting Kelly and her coworker Monday night. We met up in Jongno, the downtown business district before ending up in Itaewon. Tuesday I came home from Kelly's in time to prepare for my evening's private lesson. Unfortunately, upon arriving at their apartment, I was informed that since it was a holiday, they didn't want to do the lesson that night...good to know, after walking a mile to get there.

Wednesday it dumped more snow on Seoul than I've seen since being here. I was fortunately able to sleep in since I didn't have to go into work until 1:00 in order to finally settle some of the scheduling disputes.

Friday was the start of the new classes...one of the worst parts of my new schedule is that I now I have to work 10-7:30 MWF, and 10-4:30/6:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays...add that to my Tues/Wed private lessons, and I am quite the workaholic. Those long days are so tough, but there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

I am so ready for my first weekend off in two weeks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home