Friday, April 01, 2005

Mar. 28 - Apr. 1: Spring Has Sprung!

Yippee! Well, I am delighted to say that the temperature is finally starting to increase here in South Korea, as are my spirits! I was really beginning to loathe the winter, but Spring has finally arrived in the nick of time! Pretty soon, I'll be trading in my down jacket for sandals! Sadly, though, my birthday week is officially over, so no more celebrations...my body is definitely thanking me, though. With this new week, I decided to get back into serious shape (as I have been a major slacker these past few weeks), starting with focusing on soccer. Unfortunately, Tuesday night's practice was canceled at the last minute.

Speaking of soccer, Wednesday night Korea played Uzbekistan here at the World Cup Stadium for another qualifyer game. I scored a ticket that afternoon and went with some of my friends after work, not arriving until halftime. Not much had gone on before we arrived, but in the second half, Korea scored two goals to Uzbekistan's one, giving us another win! It was a great game...I just really need to learn all the Korean crowd chants!

Thursday night I made it to my second practice...again, there were only five other people there. Apparently, more people seem to go on the days I am not there...they must have heard there is a lousy girl playing on the team. Anyway, our coach was there this time...apparently he formerly played professional soccer in Germany, and now he's living in Korea and coaching and playing with our team in his spare time.

That's about it for the week...very low key...also sad because today was the last day at school for one of my favorite little ones. Jennifer (in the picture) is actually the little girl I carried out of the building during the fire. It seems like I keep losing all my favorites while getting stuck with the evil ones.


Without a doubt, the cutest little girl I've ever seen! Posted by Hello

This weekend I am going rockclimbing, and I'm super excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home