Sunday, April 24, 2005

Horses, and Pimps, and Ho's, Oh My!

Whew! What a jam-packed weekend! I swear, as my weekdays get slower and slower, my weekends just keep getting busier! Friday night I was determined to go out in Seoul, seeing as the last time I really went out was my birthday weekend a month ago. I ended up meeting up with some girls at Gecko's in Itaewon for a bit before we decided to try out a place none of us at visited: Bar Nana. It's a tiny hole in the wall on a side street in Itaewon, but far different than any of the other haunts in the area. It had a very tropical feel, complete with bongo drums (that unfortunately were not being coddled at the time we were there) and a terrific DJ.


Beside the Horseracing Track. Posted by Hello

Saturday morning I lazied around my apartment a bit before deciding to take advantage of the day's sunshine by laying out on my neighboring apartment building's roof (seeing as they keep mine locked!). I eventually met up with some of the guys on my team at the Seoul Grand Racepark for my first experience with horseracing. It was quite confusing placing bets, but I ended up winning the grand total of 3,900 won (equal to about $4 US).

Saturday evening I was exhausted from all the excitement of winning so much money, and if it was any other ordinary night out, I probably would have passed. However, I was invited to a Pimp 'N' Ho party thrown by a guy in Pyeongchon, and I just cannot pass up the opportunity for an excuse to dress like a prostitute. Once I got to the party, I was informed that ironically, a bar in Itaewon just happened to be hosting its very own Pimp 'N' Ho party that very night, as well. Therefore, we all hopped in cabs and made our way to Itaewon to celebrate with the other self-degrading foreigners in Seoul.


Looking for a pimp daddy. Posted by Hello

Sunday was my second soccer game, this time at our home pitch in nearby Anyang. Of course, it comes as no surprise that my only playing time was the final ten minutes of the game...ten minutes of my running around in circles like a freshly-executed chicken. Fortunately, we beat the other team 4-1. Afterwards, we went back to our favorite Galbi joint for dinner before hitting the Rockssin for a post-game celebration. Now I am just exhausted beyond all belief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home