Sunday, May 08, 2005

More Sleepless Nights

Oh, I wonder if my body will ever forgive me for the deprivation of good sleep, healthy food, and overall fair treatment I have been placing on her lately!

Friday was an exhausting day at work, and I could feel my body shutting down around 3:00 pm. I was definitely looking forward to a nice, quiet evening at home with a nice movie and dinner; however, after cup of coffee number 2, I began to get a second wind, and by 7:30 pm, a lazy night in was the last thing on my mind! If I had only known what the night had in store for me....!

I went with Amanda, Ryan, and his girfriend to Bar #10 in Beomgye to meet some of their other coworkers. Amanda and I left about an hour later and headed over to Rockssin to meet up with a couple of my teammates. We then went to Techno Bar around 2:00 am (where does the time always go??) and danced (and how do I still have the energy to maintain my dancing diva status?) until the wee hours. Eventually, one of Amanda's coworkers had the brilliant idea of hitting a noribong (karaoke room). It was the best thing I had heard all night! We sang our throats scratchy until...ahem...7:00 am! We then had a nice Korean breakfast, and I finally dragged myself into bed at 8:00 am. Whew!

Saturday afternoon was spent in a park in Hongdae with three pals, listening to some Korean punk bands perform, followed by a pleasant Galbi dinner. At the end of our dinner, we were approached by an older Korean man who introduced us as a University Professor who was at the restaurant with all his students. He asked us to join his table, and we gleefully obliged. Within an hour, we had made ourselves a nice group of new Korean friends!


Our newfound friends... Posted by Hello

After we bid adieu to our new mates, the three of us headed to Itaewon to see a Ska Band perform. While I have always enjoyed listening to Ska music, I realized that the "Ska Scene" is not really my scene...as soon as I saw that the coast was clear, I made a mad dash for the door! I eventually got into a taxi and called it an early night in at 3:00 am. After so many crazy nights out recently, it felt very good to come home and just sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home