Friday, November 19, 2004

Nov. 15 - Nov. 19: Settling In

Man, the time here is really starting to fly. I cannot believe I have been here for 3 weeks already. Wow! Except for a couple kids throwing up their lunches and a few taekwondo fights of which I had the pleasure of having to stop, not too much excitement occurred at good old Swaton Language School this week.

One thing worth mentioning is that I finally joined a gym. It is actually located just a few doors down from my work building. A membership including pool priviledges and the opportunity to exercise in the high-tech gym costs about $85 US a month. Now when I say "high-tech," I'm obviously being facetious. The gym is about a million degrees with a few run-down (or should I say "run on...?") treadmills and...alas...3 elliptical machines. Upon seeing those bad boys, I was sold. Well, I didn't go for the bank-breaking membership, (not to mention they have a gym + pool + aerobics membership...I shudder to think what the price of that is!) but I did decide on a less expensive gym-only membership. It is money well-spent...it's getting much too cold to exercise outside, and unfortunately my eating habits have been far from healthy!

Well, the week definitely ended on a high note. After getting off work at 7:30 Friday night, all the teachers (along with their significant others) met up at a restaurant for dinner. It was great fun re-hashing the week and making fun of our boss (AKA "Cookie Monster"...I brought in a box of cookies for all the teachers and he took them and gave them to some of the parents). Good times. We finished off the evening in a "Singing Room"...it's basically a private room for karaoke. Watch out Berlin, Roberta Flack, and, shamelessly, Britney Spears...here comes "Tiffany Teacher"!



May, Chris, Joy, and I on a much-needed Friday night out. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home