Friday, December 03, 2004

Nov. 29 - Dec. 3: Cover Girl!

Well, hallelujah, there are some honest people left in this world...or maybe they're all in Korea...who knows, who cares, I got my backpack back! As my last blog confessed, I left it on the subway train after my long weekend in Gyeongju. I basically got off the train because they were closing it for the night, stood outside the train for a good 5 minutes while it was being cleaned, waited for the next train for about 5 more minutes...only when I was getting on the next train did I realize how light I felt! Well, that bag had EVERYTHING...A nice Canon film camera, a digital camera, clothes, shoes, a blanket, my favorite scarf...you name it, it was in that bag! Well, Thursday I got off work at 1:30 pm, took the train to the subway's main lost and found office, and recovered my fully-intact-bag! Yippee! I love this place!

Other stresses from the week came from planning my Christmas trip. Our school is closed December 27-31 for the holidays, so I wanted to take advantage of the free time and travel outside of Korea. Thursday night, after much deliberation over costs and budgeting, I bought tickets to fly into Osaka, Japan on Christmas Day. I will be backpacking up through Kyoto and Nara to Mt. Fuji and then on to Tokyo for New Year's Eve. I was originally planning on doing the trip alone and meeting people as I traveled, but my friend Kelly is considering meeting me up in Tokyo on the 30th. I don't mind doing the rest of the trip by myself, but I'm glad she may come because it will be nice to have someone I know with me in the city.

Oh, and what does Cover Girl mean? Well, I am officially the December cover girl for Swaton Language School's monthly newsletter, which is distributed to about 20 schools nationwide. Ahhh...it's tough being a celebrity! ;) Oh, and for those who haven't seen me for awhile, yes, my hair is now brown!



The December Swaton Newsletter...with yours truly gracing the cover. Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger david aka dadawan said...

hi
what a great experience, and nice pictures by the way ;)

that remember me the time travelling from Chicago to Santa Barbara!

David

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Victim of Life said...

hey tiff,
good to hear that you got all your stuff back...probably wouldnt have gone down the same way here in the states. Great to hear about your new-found stardome! By the way, everytime I see the pic of the newsletter, one word comes to mind - "FINE!".

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We here in Valdooky knew you'd be famous Tiffany! Very cool... and the brown hair is lovely!

christy coons yates

 

Post a Comment

<< Home