Friday, May 13, 2005

May 9 - May 13: Indoor Rock Climbing

Well, it looks like I have discovered my newest passion here in Korea: Rock Climbing. Of course I've had a few experiences on a mountain in the past, but my rock climbing trip back in April further intensified my deep-down desire to call it my newest hobby. However, it is a sport that can be quite difficult to get into without having a friend to show you the ropes (no pun intended!).

Fortunately for me, I met a South African fellow Friday night, and after a few minutes of chatting with him, I discovered that he is an avid climber who only moved to Korea just a week ago. I jumped at the opportunity and immediately gave him my e-mail address.

Wednesday night I took the bus about forty-five minutes away to where he's staying in Jamsil to try out the local climbing gym with him. I was instantly hooked! Of course, indoor climbing does not even compare with the great outdoors, but it is excellent training for the real thing, not to mention a kick-butt workout! I am going to go out and buy myself some proper climbing shoes as soon as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home