Friday, May 20, 2005

May 16 - May 20: Trip to the Zoo

Well, this is the end to another beautiful week in Korea. Except for a bit of rainy weather on Tuesday, I have yet to be disappointed by springtime in Korea. And what better way to spend a gorgeous day than at the zoo?


Ready for an action-packed day at the zoo. Posted by Hello

Thursday was our monthly field trip day at Swaton, and we loaded the kids onto the buses and departed for Seoul Grand Park's Zoo. Unfortunately, we only had less than three hours to explore the place, so we basically herded the poor babies around like cattle the whole time. The thing that surprised me the most is that the kids were like, "Hey, wow, tigers, all right". But let me tell you, as soon as they saw the goats, I thought I would have to come up with some paper bags to ease the kids' hyperventilation. I would put my bets on it being a Korean thing, because when I was a kid, goats and ponies were the epitome of boringness!


Rush past the giraffes... Posted by Hello

At any rate, we did get to see some pretty cool animals; albeit, I was quite disappointed in not getting to see the polar bears. The entrance fee was only a couple bucks, so I guess I can always go back.

Nothing like a good field trip every now and again to keep things from getting too monotonous at work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home