Sunday, May 29, 2005

Asian X-Games

Well, this weekend started off very relaxing. Friday night I stayed home and posted about five blogs...I have been so busy as of late that I have been finding it very hard to make the time to sit down and post my thoughts every week. (Even as I write this, it is actually June 16th, but fortunately Blogspot.com allows me to give my blogs previous dates.) Anyway, it was a much-needed and welcomed night of rest and taking care of things around the flat.


Bike Stunts Posted by Hello

Saturday morning I awoke feeling quite sprighty and well-rested. I had plans to meet up with Seb (previously mentioned as my new climbing partner) for a day trip to Jamsil to see Korea's first hosting of the Asian X-Games. Unfortunately, his phone was not working, so I decided to head down there around noon anyway.


Moto-X Demonstration Posted by Hello

I have only seen the X-Games on television, and it was amazing to attend in-person. I watched a Moto-Cross bike demonstration and competitions in bike stunts and skateboarding and other extreme sports what-not before Seb finally showed up around 4:00 pm (along with Kelly, who I called because I was extremely bored by myself!). After they arrived, we watched a second Moto-X demo, some skateboarding on a huge half-pipe ramp, and scored a nice peek of the men practicing sports climbing...I could not believe how strong those guys were.


Skateboarding like superstars Posted by Hello

Saturday night was, of course, the big sending-off bash for a few people in my area. We started the evening at the Pirate Bar before heading to a nearby lounge called "The Rok," where my buddies' band had their final, final performance. We all danced and sang along and had a merry time, and I pretty much had to sneak out of there before too late.

Today we got to the soccer pitch for our game and discovered we were short five key players due to holidays and illnesses. Guess what that meant....little Miss Tiffany got to play! And not just a wee bit, but for the entire first half! Woo-Hoo! Okay, so I am a very honest person; therefore, I will not waste my time embellishing my skills today. As a fellow on my team put it, I didn't play terribly, but I wasn't very exceptional, either. Hey, sure beats saying I suck! I'll take it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home